Supporting Abandoned Infants and Maternal Health
Give abandoned infants a chance at life. Sadly not every pregnancy in India is wanted. Shame and fear prevent abuse like rape being reported and newborns can be abandoned into extremely life threatening situations through no fault of their own. Snehalaya's Snehankur is one of the best recognised adoption centers in the country and often rescues premature and newborns from perilous situations, providing shelter and safety to nurse them back to good health. We work hard to ensure a loving safe family is found for each of our children and promote older child adoptions.
Without Rehabilitation we will never end the need for charity
It costs $330,000 a year to run 5 rehabilitative projects giving 18,000 beneficaries safety and a way out of poverty:
- Adoption Center - Our 20 bed 'Snehankur' project rescues 60 infants from perilious danger each year and finds them loving families. Our new adoption center currently under construction will have space and medical facilities for 50 babies and a unit to support expectant mothers.
- Childline - The number one child rescue service out of the 499 national Childline projects. Emergency and phone response to reporting a child in danger. Helping 500 children a year and a further 7000 cases in calls.
- Orphanage - our flagship 'Rehab Center' project takes children out of brothels into back school and prevents further loss to HIV for upto 300 children.
- Bio Farm & Dairy - our 'Himmatgram' project is a hamlet of hope for 33 people from HIV families learning new skills and receiving medical care while providing produce to other projects including milk for our adoption center and vegtables for our orphanage.
- Women's Reguge - our 'Snehadhar' project offers a safe shelter for approx 280 women fleeing with their children from domestic abuse each year and a further 11,000 cases in calls.